Thursday, May 30, 2013

Square-Enix Trademark Leads to Star Ocean Speculation


A trademark filing by Square-Enix has led to rumors that a new Star Ocean game may be on the way.

It is worth noting that this could be anything from a mobile title to a portable re-release of a previous game, so automatically assuming it could be another major large scale sequel is probably not the best idea.

I, for one, am not excited by any of the possibilities. After slogging through the badly designed, incredibly cliched and painfully voiced characters and plot of Star Ocean 3, and seeing enough of the content of Star Ocean 4 to convince me that it was most likely exponentially worse, I truly don't give a shit was this trademark is for.

Although I will admit that I would enjoy the bitter tears if it was another of Square-Enix's Japan-only mobile titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment