Friday, May 24, 2013

Persona 3 Anime Trailer



With all the depressing news coming from the games industry of late I feel this blog is turning into too much of a corporate hate site. The truth is that I really do like videogames and videogame related things, so I'm feeling a need to seek out some awesome things to talk about in order to bring some balance after the raging incited by the corporate AAA Gaemz Industree™ in most of my posts.

This is where the Persona 3 movie comes into play. P3 is one of my favorite RPGs of modern times and now Aniplex is making an anime film adaption that will debut later this year in Japan. Word has it the project is designed as a series of films, which would make sense considering that the game's plot and story are a 70+ hour affair. Seeing it announced as a film project and not a TV series causes me to hope that Aniplex will develop these films with a production level reminiscent of the impressive Fate/Zero anime series or better.

I'm definitely looking forward to this, and hoping that the US release won't see the Blu-rays sold exclusively in some absurd $300-$500 package like other Aniplex releases of recent times. Perhaps having Atlus as the IP holder will allow for a more mass market price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment